Administration and Communications Specialist with Inquilinxs Unidxs por Justicia
Administration and Communications Specialist with Inquilinxs Unidxs por Justicia InquilinXs UnidXs por Justicia (United Renters for Justice) (IX) is a new organization founded to build power to change the housing system in Minneapolis. It was founded by latino community members to work with renter communities most oppressed by high rents, bad conditions, and intimidation by landlords in Minneapolis. IX is currently seeking an experienced community leader to serve in an Administration and Communications Specialist. This is a full-time position.
The Specialist will be in charge of all general administration of the organization, which includes managing finances, database supervision, and implementing internal organization. This person will be in charge of external communications with our allies, funders and base. The Specialist will be responsible for our grants calendar, and some writing of grants. As a shared position with our partner organization CTUL (Centro de Trabajadores Unidos en la Lucha) this position will also be responsible for front desk reception as well as building administration for 10 hours per week. Primary Responsibilities:
● Tracking all expenses and income using Quickbooks Desktop. Responsible for preparing quarterly financial reports for our board and funders.
● Responsible for external communications with our supporters and funders.
● Supporting organizing staff by creating flyers and other communications on an as-needed basis.
● An important part of the grant application process through managing the grants calendar, and doing some grant writing with the Directors.
● Coordination of building use and operations including troubleshooting issues, organizing the space, and staffing the reception area in partnership with CTUL.
● Manage our database inputs and supporting staff to ensure database usage.
● If the skills are present, this position will be responsible for some translation of external and internal documents. Qualifications: A competitive candidate will have:
● Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on being able to manage multiple projects at once
● 1-2 years experience in grant writing, communications, or financial management. If you have skills in one area, you are qualified enough for us–we will train in the other areas.
● A strong critique of capitalism
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
● Familiarity with Quickbooks and Constant Contact are a plus
● Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekend hours
● A passion and love for building a healthy community
● Be bilingual, with English and Spanish as strong preferences
Compensation: The salary is negotiated based on experience, language abilities, and salary history. The salary range around $35,000 on a full-time basis depending on needs. To apply, send a reason statement (include why you want this position and why you are a good fit for this position) and your resume to Jennifer Arnold by July 7th. He can be reached at: Jennifer@inquilinxsunidxs.org or 3715 Chicago Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55407